The Art Institute of Portland


The Art Institute of Portland offers programs in Advertising, Design Management, Design Studies, Design Visualization, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Apparel Accessory Design, Apparel Design, Fashion Marketing, Digital Film & Video, Game Art & Design, Media Arts & Animation, Visual Effects & Motion Graphics, Visual & Game Programming, Web Design & Interactive Media, Culinary Arts, Baking & Pastry, and Culinary Management.
Learn more about The Art Institute of Portland

Alumni Success Story: Team Bondi's Luc Cote



Bookmark and Share








This past Thursday, November 11th, Rockstar games released a trailer for their 2011 release L.A. Noire. This is relevant because the main character was principally designed by 2008 GAD alum Luc Cote.
Luc estimates having designed 75% of the characters used in the trailer. Read Luc's success story below:
7
Luc Cote lives in a beachtown in Australia, designing characters for Team Bondi and the Rockstar video game LA Noire. He was hired directly out of AIPd, moved to the other side of the world and all because he learned something very important:

“My education, and where I want to take my life, is up to me,” Luc says, “I can do anything I want. All I have to do is follow through with it.”

It’s not like Luc sat around on his first day of school saying “I am awesome and I am going to dominate this school and four years from now I will be sitting on the beach designing characters for video games.” No, he started by listening. He knew his teachers had industry experience and knew they were being direct with sharing their experiences and expectations. Some students are frightened by this. Luc was empowered. He knew his instructors and advisors knew what they were talking about, so he asked them questions. He worked on both his modeling and his research. Soon his 3D skills impressed a company located in another hemisphere.

Luc knows the possibilities are endless in the gaming industry. “I can work all over the world. And the industry hires from all over the world. I can live anywhere, while getting paid to do what I love doing. Ultimately I can go wherever I want and do whatever I want.”

“It’s up to us to make it happen. We just have to make it.”

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

FIND US ON FACEBOOK

FEATURED VIDEO

FLICKR

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

AIPD Flickrstream

AIPD 2010 - 2011 CALENDAR

HOLIDAYS



9.3.10 September Holiday

9.6.10 Labor Day

11.25 & 11.26.10 Thanksgiving

12.23 & 12.24.10 Winter Holiday

12.31.10 New Years Eve



TERMS


Summer 2010
7.12.2010 - 9.25.2010

Fall 2010
10.4.2010 - 12.18.2010

Winter 2011
1.10.2011 - 3.26.2011

Spring 2011
4.4.2011 - 6.18.2011

Summer 2011
7.11.2011 - 9.18.2011

A FEAST FOR THE EYES



Runway shots may be seen HERE

Backstage and pre-show shots may be seen HERE

Paparazzi and red carpet shots may be seen HERE